Nobody is entitled to distribute or sell drugs through wholesale, unless he or she obtains the drug license. Only the drug inspector can provide a drug license. Besides, the registration has to be made in the name of a person who has got a diploma or degree in pharmacy, acquired from the recognized institute or university. In order to start a pharmacy outlet or medical shop, you would need at least 10 square meters space.
You need to submit the following applications to obtain your retail drug license:
1. Application in any of the forms (19/19A/19B/19C)
2. Receipt of INR 3,000 made as online payment for registration
3. Registration certificate of the pharmacist
4. Document obtained from your local authority, showing that you own the premises
5. Pharmacist’s declaration
6. Affidavit in the given format
7. Option request
8. Cover letter with INR 5 court fee stamp
9. Attested copies of constitutional documents of the firm
10. Applicant’s identity proof
11. Previous certificates for renewal in copy/original form of the drug license is required, if you are applying for the renewal too
12. If you are applying with form 19AA, you need to provide an attested copy of the respective RC book apart from the application
13. Applicants using form 19A, the Chelan, the affidavit, the questionnaire, and the attested copies of constitutional documents of the suggested for, and identity proof would be required.